Explore our curriculum maps for 2023/24
Reception – Year 4
To succeed in the 21st century and to succeed against the odds, we believe that the curriculum needs to provide all students with the opportunities to acquire expertise in the basics and subject disciplines as well as developing their character, skills, critical thinking and leadership.
- Mastery lessons – where children practise learning phonics, grammar or a language
- Project Based Learning – where children have an extended period of time to explore a science, humanities or thematic project
- Creativity – where children spend time producing great products, shows or events in music, art, design, drama and science, through workshops, external practitioners and the specialist resources of the Secondary school
- Thinking and philosophy – we believe in children getting the chance from an early age to think deeply, ask intelligent questions and debate moral and social issues.
Year 5 – Year 8
- Bespoke, individualised curriculum built on a small school approach and individual needs.
- Discovery and exploration of content that provides experiences that embed learning.
- Nurturing and growing skill that ensure the basics are secured and ready.